On the other side of an Alaskan rainbows menu, are the tertiary critters. Mice especially. This critter is a replay on a Kevin Price fly called the 5 O’Clock Shadow, specifically designed for Alaskan ‘bows.
Mine is just altered a little bit (definition: improved, or “better”). Added some different body material and a different tail material
- TMC 7989 Sz 4 for body, trailer is a Owner Sz 4
- Tail is buck skin or cow hide, either works just fine
- Body is any thing the heart desires, i like uv polar chenille in olive/brown and rusty copper
- Body is finished with two clumps of spun short/fine/natural deer body hair
- Foam is 2mm thin fly foam (best type due to tight closed cells) in black or brown ect, with orange layered in for visibility
- Two 2″ pieces of black medium round rubber on the sides.
- Coat of Sally’s and she’s good to flow